Affordable homes (Stage 1 sold out)
- 3x two bedroom apartments with one bathroom and one carpark - Sold out
Are you eligible?
To buy your affordable home in Airfields Quarters:
- You must be New Zealand permanent resident(s) or citizen(s). You must agree to live in the home for a minimum of three years.
- You must be a first home buyer, or no longer own a home.
- You cannot put the home in the name of a Family Trust, company or nominee.
- Your gross household income must be no higher than $85,000 in the last 12 months for a single purchaser, and no more than $130,000 (combined) in the last 12 months, where there is more than one purchaser.
- Prior to the ballot, you must have proof of finance to complete the purchase. Prior to the ballot we recommend you take advice from your lender.
- Talk to your bank or mortgage broker. You may be eligible for a Welcome Home loan, up to 90% of the house value; and up to $20,000 KiwiSaver Homestart Grant. Also check how much you can withdraw from your KiwiSaver.
How to Participate in the ballot?
- Ensure you meet all the purchasing criteria set out above.
- As an approved affordable home buyer, you need to finalise your ballot registration by visiting a sales representative and providing proof of your eligibility.
- They will guide you in understanding the homes and what is on offer prior to the ballot, and confirm which type you are interested in purchasing.
- Sign the declaration form and pass on to your agent.
- Once this has been completed you will be automatically entered into the ballot.
- When the ballot is drawn, you will need to attend the event and if successful complete the sales documentation with the agent.
- If successful you will need to pay a deposit of 10% within five working days of signing the sale and purchase agreement, then pay the balance on settlement.